TRAVEL TO THE BAHAMAS
QUICK TRAVEL GUIDE TO THE BAHAMAS
- Hello - English is spoken in the Bahamas, as it was a British colony and is still a member of the Commonwealth
- Best time of year to go: June - September (the summer). December to April is the high season due to cruises. Don't go in March/April if you do not feel like dealing with Spring breakers.
- Power voltage: 120V/60 hz
- Currency: US $1 is roughly the same one Bahamian Dollar
- Visas: Residents of the US, Europe and Commonwealth do normally not require a visa as a tourist staying for 90 days. Other nationalities will need to check.
- Tipping : yes, 10-15%
- Getting there: you can fly into Nassau or Freeport, or travel by a cruise line
THE BAHAMAS TRAVEL TIPS
- wear sunscreen
- it may be an island country, but wearing only your bikini or swim suit around the town or inside buildings is tacky and inappropriate. Don't be that person. Use an appropriate cover up.
- US Dollars are usually accepted throughout the islands
- you can save a lot of money buying duty-free items in the Bahamas
- try avoid traveling to the Bahamas outside of February to April, as it is spring break - unless of course you are a Spring Breaker, in which case enjoy!
TOP THINGS TO DO AND SEE IN THE BAHAMAS
- Explore the Bahamas' capital, Nassau
- Stay and explore the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island
- Swim and slide at the Paradise Island Water Resort in Atlantis
- go snorkeling
- spend the day at any of one the Bahamas beautiful beaches
- visit the Bahamas by cruise on a cruise