50 STATES BEFORE 30: VERMONT
Vermont has to be one of my favorite states in the US! Granted, at the time of writing, I've only visited 23 out of 50. But there definitely is something about Vermont. Located in the New England, North East parts of the US, it has a wonderful charm to it. Mountains, tall trees, winding roads, and farmlands. I only got to spend a short 24 hours in Vermont, and did not get to see much, but I will certainly be back.
We visited the Quechee Gorge, which is quite close to the Vermont-New Hampshire border. It is really beautiful, and worth the road trip. I'm sure that the rest of Vermont is just as stunning, and I cannot wait to go back one day and explore further north.
Things to do in Vermont
- Partake in winter sports, such as skiing, sledding, and snowboarding
- Pick fruit in one of the many picking and farming festivals in the state
- Go hiking (duh) - try search out the suspension bridge on the Long Trail at the Ithiel Falls in Johnson
- Explore the dangerous Hamilton Falls in Jamaica State Park
- Ride to the top of the Bennington Monument for views of Vermont, New Hampshire and New York
- While in Bennington, you can visit Robert Frost's grave at the Old First Church
- Count how many Covered Bridges you can find
- Spend a day at one of the many Vermont Farms and try local produce
- Visit the Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Factory
- Try some Authentic Maple at the End O Road Maple Sugarhouse
- Explore the quirky town of Brattleboro
Have you traveled to Vermont? What was your favorite thing about it? What do I NEED to do next time I travel there? Tell me in the comment section below :)