TRAVEL TO THE UNITED KINGDOM
QUICK TRAVEL GUIDE TO UNITED KINGDOM
- Speaks English
- Power voltage: 230v 50hz
- Currency: Pound, 0.74 Pound to $1
- Credit and Debit Cards are widely accepted across the United Kingdom
- Visa: certain countries need Visas to visit the UK - see government information
- Safety ranking: United Kingdom = 41 Global Peace Index
- When to go: Summer when the weather is best. May through September.
United Kingdom TRAVEL TIPS
- Book trains as early as possible. You can get cheaper tickets the earlier you book.
- There is more to the UK then London. Visit Scotland, Whales, Northern Ireland and the rest of England.
- Many museums in the UK are free - there are donation boxes that you should probably use to donate to when you visit, but you technically can visit many of them for no cost.
- Pack an umbrella or rain jacket - it rains a lot in the UK!
TOP THINGS TO DO AND SEE IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
- Explore one of the world's most famous cities - London
- There are many fantastic day trips from London, including Harry Potter Warner Bros. Studio Tour, Stonehenge, Bath, Oxford and Windsor Castle.
- Visit the Lake Districts
- Road trip through England and Scotland.
- No trip to the UK is complete unless you have had fish and chips, with a side of mushy peas or gravy! If you didn't have time to have some on your trip - here is a recipe from my Eat the World: United Kingdom episode.
The Number One Hotel South Beach in Blackpool is the perfect blend of intimate BnB and high quality hotel. Check out this guide on where to stay in Blackpool for the perfect accomodation for your weekend away.
A guide to the top things to do in Northern Ireland, from the Giant's Causeway, Game of Thrones filming locations, exploring Belfast and Derry/Londonderry to the medieval ruins of Dunluce Castle. Everything you need, including a google map, to plan your trip to Northern Ireland.
Blackpool in the UK is the perfect weekend getaway seaside town. Check out this guide for all the things to do in Blackpool, inlcuding where to stay.
A guide on where to stay in Northern Ireland to make the most of your Irish Road trip. A review of the Ballylinny Cottages in Northern Ireland near the Giant's Causeway, Dark Hedges and Dunluce Castle.
Our first European Country in the EAT THE WORLD CHALLENGE, and one that is close to my heart (mainly because I am half English)... The United Kingdom