TRAVEL TO THE UNITED KINGDOM
QUICK TRAVEL GUIDE TO UNITED KINGDOM
- Speaks English
- Power voltage: 230v 50hz
- Currency: Pound, 0.74 Pound to $1
- Credit and Debit Cards are widely accepted across the United Kingdom
- Visa: certain countries need Visas to visit the UK - see government information
- Safety ranking: United Kingdom = 41 Global Peace Index
- When to go: Summer when the weather is best. May through September.
United Kingdom TRAVEL TIPS
- Book trains as early as possible. You can get cheaper tickets the earlier you book.
- There is more to the UK then London. Visit Scotland, Whales, Northern Ireland and the rest of England.
- Many museums in the UK are free - there are donation boxes that you should probably use to donate to when you visit, but you technically can visit many of them for no cost.
- Pack an umbrella or rain jacket - it rains a lot in the UK!
TOP THINGS TO DO AND SEE IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
- Explore one of the world's most famous cities - London
- There are many fantastic day trips from London, including Harry Potter Warner Bros. Studio Tour, Stonehenge, Bath, Oxford and Windsor Castle.
- Visit the Lake Districts
- Road trip through England and Scotland.
- No trip to the UK is complete unless you have had fish and chips, with a side of mushy peas or gravy! If you didn't have time to have some on your trip - here is a recipe from my Eat the World: United Kingdom episode.