TRAVEL TO MEXICO
QUICK TRAVEL GUIDE TO MEXICO
- Hello in Spanish: Hola "o-la". English is widely spoken in tourist destinations and many Mexican cities.
- Currency: Mexican Pesos. US $1 is approximately 17 Pesos
- Best time to go: October to May, when it is not as hot as the Summer.
- Power Voltage: 127V/60hz
- Visas: All tourists must have a tourist permit, available on arrival. Some nationalities also need visas.
- Tourists are rarely victims to the drug and gang violence in Mexico. Don't let the negative perspective deter you. Mexico is a beautiful country and you should be safe in tourist areas as long as you keep alert.
MEXICO TRAVEL TIPS
- practice general safety precautions while traveling through Mexico
- drink bottled water
- learn a few Spanish phrases in case you need them, although English is widely spoken
- beware of scams in tourist destinations
- don't stay at all-inclusive resorts only. Get out and experience the real Mexico
- Mexican food is not Tex-Mex. Eat your way through Mexico, eating authentic Mexican meals
- barter and haggle at markets
- you can pay for many things with US dollars, but try to use Pesos instead - you will be getting a better rate
TOP EXPERIENCES IN MEXICO
- visit Chichen Itza
- Wander around Mexico City
- Explore the beautiful colorful city of Guanajuato
- Swim with Whale Sharks in Cancun
- Enjoy the town of Puerto Vallarta
TRAVEL BLOG POSTS ABOUT MEXICO
Cruising to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and not sure what to do? Check out The Traveling Ginger list of what to do and things to see in Puerto Vallarta Mexico
Traveling to Guanajuato, Mexico and not sure what to do there? Take a walking tour of this colorful, UNESCO city and see all the things to see in Guanajuato.
On my recent trip to Mexico I jumped into a boat near Cancun and swam with whale sharks. Check it out and read my tips and advise for swimming with whale sharks!
Contiki is a group tour travel company for travelers between the ages of 18 and 35. After my first tour with them last year, I eagerly booked their Mexico Grande Tour, a trip that travels across Mexico for two weeks. Read about my review of the Contiki Mexico Grande trip.
I am finally headed to Mexico! I'll be exploring the country for two weeks, and cannot wait! Check out my Two-week Mexico Itinerary...