TRAVEL TO MEXICO
QUICK TRAVEL GUIDE TO MEXICO
- Hello in Spanish: Hola "o-la". English is widely spoken in tourist destinations and many Mexican cities.
- Currency: Mexican Pesos. US $1 is approximately 17 Pesos
- Best time to go: October to May, when it is not as hot as the Summer.
- Power Voltage: 127V/60hz
- Visas: All tourists must have a tourist permit, available on arrival. Some nationalities also need visas.
- Tourists are rarely victims to the drug and gang violence in Mexico. Don't let the negative perspective deter you. Mexico is a beautiful country and you should be safe in tourist areas as long as you keep alert.
MEXICO TRAVEL TIPS
- practice general safety precautions while traveling through Mexico
- drink bottled water
- learn a few Spanish phrases in case you need them, although English is widely spoken
- beware of scams in tourist destinations
- don't stay at all-inclusive resorts only. Get out and experience the real Mexico
- Mexican food is not Tex-Mex. Eat your way through Mexico, eating authentic Mexican meals
- barter and haggle at markets
- you can pay for many things with US dollars, but try to use Pesos instead - you will be getting a better rate
TOP EXPERIENCES IN MEXICO
- visit Chichen Itza
- Wander around Mexico City
- Explore the beautiful colorful city of Guanajuato
- Swim with Whale Sharks in Cancun
- Enjoy the town of Puerto Vallarta